System Engineer for MGF Infrastructure Support
In the role of Software Infrastructure Engineer at PVM you are responsible for providing first-class solutions in a uniquely challenging deployment environment for the United States Navy. You will ensure that we have a streamlined production pipeline that maintains the edge in delivering capability to our clients. You embrace the role of DevOps, and continuously ask, “How do we create an environment that ships products more quickly and easily?” Your solutions are the foundation upon which Navy capability is developed, built, tested, and deployed.
As a PVM Software Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Design, implement, secure, and ensure stable operation of infrastructure for current and future software builds.
- Ensure server and network infrastructure is optimized to meet the dynamic needs of a fast paced DevOps environment.
- Advise on the best architecture for new products, and the best tools and practices to deliver products from concept to operational deployment.
- Be an innovator in your approach to DevOps improvement.
As a PVM Software Infrastructure Engineer you have:
- A BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or comparable experience.
- Experience with virtualization using VMWare, Red Hat Virtualization, Hyper-V, and Solaris LDom environments.
- Systems Administration experience for Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience configuring and managing networks using Cisco Catalyst and Nexus routers and switches.
- Experience with direct attached and network attached storage solutions.
- Experience with software development in C/C++, Java, Groovy, Perl, Python, Bash, Powershell.
- Experience with managing the SDLC and tools used.
- Experience with project management and configuration management tools including Jira, Confluence, and Git.
- Experience with continuous integration processes and tools.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- S. DoD Secret security clearance, or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Certification for administration of Unix/Linux systems or Windows administration certification.
- S. DoD IAT-II level certification or ability to obtain IAT-II certification.