As a Palantir Partner, we are actively looking for experienced Software Engineers (we call our engineers Deployed Solutions Engineers or DSEs) with strong Java developer skills to support our Palantir projects at facilities in the National Capital Region.
As a DSE you’re just as comfortable coding a complicated Java program as you are with designing an enterprise IT system. You are dedicated to the craft of using technology to solve real-world problems. You are committed to becoming an expert in your customer’s problem domain and enjoy collaborating with them to achieve awesome solutions. CLI’s don’t scare you and you just can’t put the keyboard down until you’ve solved the problem.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Administer and sustain deployed systems
- Diagnose and resolve issues encountered in the field Develop data integrations
- Scope, prototype and create new tools, applications and enterprise integrations to satisfy the customer's needs
- Identify, create and contribute new software to the PVM product line
- Perform additional duties as assigned
General Position Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Clearance: Top Secret-SCI
- Location: National Capital Region (NCR) - D.C./Virginia/Maryland
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS in CS, Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience – A Master’s Degree in applied field in lieu of experience accepted.
- Relational Database experience is required (Oracle and PostgreSQL)
- Experience with the Palantir platform is preferred
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies is a plus (Cassandra, MongoDB, Accumulo, etc.)
- Working knowledge of networking concepts with some hands on experience is preferred
- Enterprise systems architecture and systems integration experience is preferred
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong UNIX/Linux system admin skills (CentOS & RHEL is preferred).
- Proficient on the command line... No GUIs
- Strong software engineering and software development skills with Java
experience required (Groovy experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with "Big Data" analytics is a plus.
- Familiarity with monitoring systems such as Nagios or Zenoss
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and a team-player
- Must think creatively and defines product and customer needs
- Ability to work independently and makes decisions under minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel is required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available