GCCS-M Fleet Instructor/Curriculum Development Training Specialist / Analyst
GCCS-M Curriculum Development Training Specialist / Analyst
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Permanently based in San Diego, CA.
Travel: Yes – Moderate; Training sites East and West Coast Continental U.S. Some International travel in support of overseas training evolutions
Seeking talented operations, system administrator and systems engineering professionals experienced in Global Command and Control System – Maritime or Joint (GCCS-M) and Composable Force Net (CFn) operations, preventive and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting techniques, best practices, as well as military group based instructional techniques and curriculum development. As a Training professional, you will be tasked with analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of Navy training curriculum utilizing the NAVEDTRA series of instructions for the newly released GCCS-M Force Level (FL) 4.1.1 system administrator course curriculum as well as other operational and maintenance related curriculum development efforts. You will work side-by-side with other GCCS-M Subject Matter Experts, operations specialists and systems engineers, and upon completion of the curriculum development effort, will facilitate instruction at multiple Naval Training and development engineering sites, all while solving unique and challenging problems associated with GCCS-M and other Command and Control (C2) systems. Lastly, you will help facilitate collaboration between government, military and other contracting personnel while ensuring our customers' continued success.
A comprehensive background in military C2 operations is desired, preferably while in uniform; Ability to deliver quality training and materials and to train users to be trainers; Ability to operate independently / with little oversight, closely with users to help drive Group Based instruction; Strong communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- U.S. Citizenship and U.S. Active Secret clearance required, Secret clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in related technical field desired, however, formal military and Instructor experience may substitute, depending on experience.
- Formal military training highly desirable, at least five (5) years of experience with the following:
- Global Command and Control System – Maritime (GCCS-M)
- Composable Force Net (CFn)
- Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES)
- Common PC Operating System Environment (COMPOSE) Program
- Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS)
- Strong Solaris 8, 10 and 11 Operating System, as well as Windows Server and Client experience
- Knowledge of hardware, networks, and server administration
- Strong communication skills with the ability to break down, explain and demonstrate complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to travel independently overseas
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Naval Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) curriculum development documents and methodology
- Minimum (3) years instructor experience including formal instructor training, such as the Navy’s Basic Instructor Training, or a current industry standard Trainer Certification. Master Training Specialist (MTS) qualification is preferred.
Current Information Assurance (IA) certifications including CompTIA Security+ and other Professional Certification (e.g. certified Solaris Associate or Administrator, Microsoft Certified System Administrator, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate credential, etc.). Must be DoD Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) IAT Level II.